Individuals who complete the BLS course receive a 2-year American Heart Association BLS Certification.
About Course Options
We have four BLS course options at our San Diego (Mission Valley) location:
Who typically needs BLS certification?
BLS certification is ideal for anyone working in a healthcare setting.
San Diego BLS Course Content Overview
- American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- The American Heart Association Chain of Survival, specifically the BLS components
- Use of an AED
- 1-Rescuer BLS and AED for adult, child, and infant
- 2-Rescuer BLS and AED for adult, child, and infant
- Differences between adult, child and infant rescue techniques
- Bag-mask techniques for adult, child, and infant
- Rescue breathing for adult, child, and infant
- BLS with an advanced airway
- Mouth to mouth for adult, child, and infant
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) adult, child and infant
About Our San Diego BLS Course
Express Training Solution’s American Heart Association BLS (Basic Life Support) Course in San Diego is designed to provide healthcare professionals the ability to recognize many life- threatening emergencies, as well as provide CPR for adults, children, and infants; use an AED; and relieve choking. The course is intended for both certified or non-certified, licensed or non-licensed healthcare professionals.
Our San Diego BLS course provides high-quality CPR training for adults, children and infants. Additionally, the course includes information about the AHA chain of survival that encompasses six different links, spanning from early intervention through the post-resuscitation period.
It also includes information and hands-on training regarding the use of AEDs (automated external defibrillator), providing adequate ventilation through various barrier devices, and how to identify and how to assess and remove foreign-body airway obstructions for adults and infants.